Steering Knuckle SimApp™
A steering knuckle is an integral component of any vehicle, and the design of a knuckle has to consider a multitude of factors. Designers have to consider the use of the vehicle when designing a steering knuckle, the environment it will be used in, size & shape, material of use and potential connection points. Given all of these parameters and the wide use cases they can cover, designing a complex component can be a lengthy iterative process.
With the Comet Solutions Steering Knuckle SimApp™, engineers can now automate repetitive tasks that used to take up a bulk of the time, and instead focus more of their effort on optimizing the design for the task at hand. It is deployed as a web application that can quickly analyze multiple designs in a similar fashion. By using a Comet Template, developed by Finite Element Analysis experts, the user can configure any and all results and reports they wish to generate, and the SimApp™ will re-produce consistent results every time it is run. Utilizing parametric CAD, the SimApp™ allows users to run different analyses, shortening the design process and helping meet the demanding production schedules often faced. The SimApp™ allows for direct design alterations, eliminating the need for the back and forth between CAD packages and Finite Element Analysis programs.
- Allows non-experts the ability to run analyses with confidence.
- Completely automated process; predefined templates guide the analysis.
- Results are compiled and reports can be generated completely automatically.
- Explicit control over nearly any geometric feature, allowing for design changes with minimal time impact.
- Model preparation time reduced dramatically.
- Various configurations and designs can be studied in rapid succession.
- Consistency is obtained across the board, as standard inputs can be determined, as well as a standard results format for easy and consistent interpretation.