Machine Dynamics SimApp™
The design and engineering of machines with moving parts, including household washing machines, refrigerators, and other appliances is a deceptively complex systems engineering problem. Acoustics, stress, heat, fluid sloshing, corrosion and rust, fatigue, and cleaning performance can all be factors that are critically important to a successful engineering design. Appliance manufacturers are challenged to deliver products that meet consumer preferences, while avoiding downstream warranty liability by being “built to last”.
The Comet Machine Dynamics SimApp™ helps to automate modeling and analysis related to the design and performance analysis of machines and mechanisms with moving parts. Expert methods for creating and running models for Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) have been captured and embedded in the Comet intelligent template, helping engineers evaluate and optimize performance efficiently and effectively.
- Fully automated multidisciplinary, multi-fidelity analysis of machines, using multiple CAD and CAE codes
- Common libraries of systems and subsystems for easy reassembly and reuse
- Can be deployed via a web browser
- Fully automated results extraction and report generation
- Engineers are able to rapidly analyze and optimize performance of the product
- Standardization of nomenclature, MBD and finite element model generation, and key results extraction
- With full automation, engineers and designers are able to perform Design Space Exploration (parameter studies, Design-Of-Experiments, optimization) that includes geometry and product configuration changes
- Reduction of >80% in model preparation, results extraction and report generation time for each design iteration and loading scenario