Hydraulic Rod Assembly SimApp™
Hydraulic rod and cylinder assemblies are critical components within many types of devices, machinery, and vehicles, including airplanes and excavators. While hydraulic systems are often fairly simple geometrically, the physics involved are quite complicated and requires sophisticated simulations.
The Hydraulic Rod Design SimApp™ is deployed as a web-based application using a Comet intelligent template, that automates the design and analysis of hydraulic rod assemblies. Expert methods for Finite Element Analysis (FEA) have been captured and embedded in the template, and the entire application is exposed in a forms-based web page that can be accessed remotely. End-users needn’t learn CAE tools or even Comet, and yet they are able to perform sophisticated engineering analysis in order to arrive at a design that works using expert tools.
Users configure the rod assembly from a library of components, modify geometric parameters, specify materials and operating/loading conditions, and quickly run simulations to assess performance of the hydraulic system. Relevant results are automatically extracted and aggregated into pre-configured HTML (web-based) reports.
- Deploy complex, but highly important simulations to a broad spectrum of people with widely varying degrees of technical expertise – with confidence, because you know they are using best practices developed by experts
- Fully automated – user selects the product configuration, specifies the operating conditions and runs the analysis
- Automated generation of finite element models using best practices – consistent across all the runs
- Can be made accessible remotely via the Web
- Fully automated results extraction and report generation
- Designers are able to rapidly configure and analyze multiple design variants with minimal manual effort and test/compare the designs under adverse conditions
- Standardization of nomenclature, consistent finite element model generation and key results extraction across the global organization
- Reduction of >80% in model preparation, results extraction and report generation time for each design iteration and loading scenario
- With full automation, engineers and designers are able to perform Design Space Exploration (parameter studies, Design-Of-Experiments, optimization) that includes geometry and product configuration changes