Brake Analysis SimApp™
Brake systems use frictional resistance to slow or stop the motion of a vehicle or other objects such as elevators. In the process of performing this function, brakes absorb either kinetic energy of the moving vehicle or the potential energy given up by objects being lowered by hoists and elevators. This energy is dissipated in the form of heat that is dissipated in to the surrounding atmosphere. Brake assembly design therefore requires careful analysis of mechanical and thermal performance.
The Comet Brake Analysis SimApp™ uses Expert methods for Finite Element Analysis (FEA) embedded into intelligent templates to automate the design and analysis of an automotive brake system. End-users needn’t learn CAE tools or even Comet, yet they are able to perform sophisticated engineering analysis in order to arrive at a design that works using expert tools.
• Fully automated – user configures the brake system and runs analysis
• Standardized and enforced nomenclature and best practices, across the global organization
• Can be deployed via web-browser
• Usable by everyone from design engineer to expert
• Fully automated results extraction and report generation
• Engineers are able to rapidly configure a brake system model
• Reduction of >80% in model preparation, results extraction and report generation time for each design iteration and loading scenario.